cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F446 and ST-Link debugging all of a sudden stopped working with IAR 6.50 but STM32F334 still working

Gudgel.boB
Senior

Hello comrades...

I have been using IAR 6.50 for a few years now with STM32F446VC 1-- pin uC and things have been working flawlessly. I also have more recently had a project using the STM32F334 controller and debugging just fine.

Last week, all of a sudden, the Flash loading and debugging stopped working with the STM32F446. This is with the ST-Link V2 pod . I have several pods and have tried this on 3 different computers (win 10 and win 7) with the same results. It just stopped working. Compiler is fine, just the debugging and IAR interface evidently. I have not changed any software.

When I DO get IAR to connect to the target, it will sit there saying Programming Flash Memory with no progression or timeout. It does not actually erase the chip. Sometimes I get the message that there is no target device detected. This is on 3 different computers it appears.

My STM32F334 project appears to work just fine with a STM32F3 Discovery board. Need to try the actual target with the pod.

ST-Link will program the STM32F446VC from the .hex file but stopping and starting the CORE through ST-Link sometimes crashes where the STM32F334 does not crash.

I tried a new project and the full project on more than one STM32446RE-Nucleo Eval boards and I get the same results.

I also tried re-installing ST-Link drivers but nothing seems to have changed.

This really eludes me as to what might be happening. Any ideas or things to try ?

EDIT: I tried a small CubeMX program for a STM32F429ZI Discovery board and it also works fine in IAR and debugs and stops and starts etc.... It does use a different Flash EXE (.out file)

This issue must have to do with the FlashLoader software and different .OUT files that are used for flashing the parts. but I do not understand all I need to about these.

Debugging WiTHOUT download worked once on the 446 Nucleo times but otherwise says can't find the target device.

Thanks,

boB

0 REPLIES 0