cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F103CBT6 is the same MPU used on the Nucleo demo boards as an ST-Link implementation. Is it possible to get these processors pre-programmed with ST-Link firmware? Under what conditions, if any?

MUmmi.1
Associate II

7 REPLIES 7
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @MUmmi.1​, to the community!

unfortunately, the ST-Link firmware is proprietary and therefore cannot be distributed, either as a binary or pre-programmed on an STM32. The only legal way to get it is by buying an ST-LINK/V2 or ST-LINK/V2-1 (part of many NUCLEO and some DISCOVERY boards).

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
MUmmi.1
Associate II

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your prompt response. Is ST-LINK/V2 been supported or is it ST-LINK /V3 ?

What do you mean by "is been supported..."?

STM32F103 is only included on the ST-LINK/V2 or /V2-1, the ST-LINK/V3 contain a different STM32.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
MUmmi.1
Associate II

Hi Peter,

My apologies , was a typo . I meant to ask if STM32F103 supports ST-LINK/V3 as well.

Based on your response, I have gotten the answer.

Thanks

OK, you're welcome!

If the problem is solved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Regards

/Peter

The ST-LINK/V3 uses a STM32F723 part, so no the STM32F103 does not support the same feature set as it is a smaller and more restricted device.

We should be pushing ST toward supporting CMSIS-DAP in their tools

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

That's really helpful, Thanks DeLorean