cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32 LOADING ISSUES

gz273
Associate

Hi, recently I have had a overcurrent issue with my old stm32 Nucleo H7a3zi-q board, so I replaced it with a spare identical to the previous board, but now I am having two new issue.

One is that when I connect the reset pin to an external trigger with the external trigger not being power (I checked with a multimeter), it give me this fault as shown below. 

gz273_0-1712942784715.png

gz273_1-1712942784903.png

I have no idea what is wrong, so I unplugged the external trigger since it is not essential to the overall function. After I removed it, the program seems to be uploaded onto the board. 

gz273_2-1712942784722.png

gz273_3-1712942784808.jpeg

But afterward, I went over to check on the COM LED. it remains red. And when I try to trigger one of the functions linked to the stm32 via computer gui, the function does not work. So now i am thinking that the program was not downloaded onto the board even though the console tells me that it downloaded successfully. Please let me know if yall have any ideas. 

gz273_4-1712942784788.jpeg

1 REPLY 1

Your external trigger apparently is constantly triggering. Some issue there? Grounding? Circuit implementation?

Perhaps you need some better output of diagnostics / telemetry so you have some idea as to what is and what isn't functioning on your board / software.

Perhaps have HardFault_Handler() and Error_Handler() set LEDs in specific ways, and perhaps toggle others.

Have a signs-of-life LED indicating a functional heart-beat, perhaps one in your main loop, and another in a SysTick driven handler.

Download and VERIFY with STM32 Cube Programmer.

Start debugging..

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..