cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-LINK/V2 not working with stm32cubeprogrammer but working with STM32cubeide

SGasp.1
Senior

Hi community.

I have bought a new st link / v2 A 2022 08.

I am able to program my microcontroller with stm32cubeide as shown below

but when I try to program it which the same version of stm32cubeprogrammer I am not able to do it..

I click on connect but nothing happens..

Which are the differences with the previous st link h?

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bk5cUQAQ.png 

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bk5bvQAA.png

7 REPLIES 7
Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello @SGasp.1​,

Could you do the same test with the latest STM32CubeProgrammer release (v2.13)?

Thanks,

Aziz

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

It probably doesn't work with the newer version either, so you can assume that your ST-LINK/V2 is a fake from Asian production. You can already tell from the serial number, which only gives a letter (Y in this case) instead of a real serial number.

The problem with such fakes has already been discussed very often in the community, e.g. here. The only solution is to buy an original ST-LINK/V2 from an authorised dealer, but you won't find them on Alibaba, Ebay or other cheap sellers.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Peter BENSCH​  makes sense what you said... But why I can program and debug the board with the stm32cubeide ? And it is not working only with the stm32cubeprogrammer?

Thanks

Hi @Aziz BRIGUI​ .,. I will make an attempt.. Thanks

Here the result of the update

Any idea about the issue?

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkBj2QAE.png 

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkBmaQAE.pngI was able to read the flash by changing the shared option from disable to enabled (using 2.13 version)

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkBvwQAE.png 

Now I want to try to download the fw but I have also an external loader too named QSPI_flashloader_CSP.stldr . I have added my custom bootloadr inside the externalloader folder under the 2.13 directory but i am not able to see it in the gui .

What could be wrong ?

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkBvhQAE.png 

You mentioned neither the version number of the STM32CubeIDE nor that of the STM32CubeProgrammer, so nobody knows.

Of course, new software is also adapted to detect and drop support for fakes - STMicroelectronics cannot take responsibility for fakes/counterfeits.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Peter my intention wasn't to buy a fake product as you can imagine.

Now that I realized these kind of problems I will be more updated.

STM32CubeProgrammer not working is version 2.8

STM32CubeIde working is version 1.7.0

Both are completely outdated, please get the current versions for STM32CubeIDE and STM32CubeProgrammer, as already mentioned by @Aziz BRIGUI​.

Regards

/Peter