cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo-STM32F401RE + ST-Link problem - cannot connect to the target

ASiem.2
Associate II

I have a problem with the connection. Yesterday my board stopped working (there is a file FAIL.txt: "The interface firmware FAILED to reset/halt the target MC" at board disk). I've done some research on how to fix it, but neither pressing reset nor connecting boot0 to Vdd worked. After some time I managed to connect to the board - I removed JP5 jumper and connected MCU to STLINK (on the same board) through wires (How to reconnect nucleo to st-link part?) and after many tries to unplug and plug the USB cable sometimes it works - I can programm my board as before. Any ideas on what could it be and how to fix it?

4 REPLIES 4
ASiem.2
Associate II

Now also method described in https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BL7SnASQV/stlink-problems-with-stm32h745idisco works usually - when I unconnect boot0 from Vdd and press reset button few times

TDK
Guru

Perhaps try a different cable or USB port. It's not typical for a device to produce inconsistent results.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
ASiem.2
Associate II

Second board works normally even with the same cable and usb port.

ASiem.2
Associate II

EDIT! Its propably not STlink problem. Now I'm using board as before, just with JP5 removed and 3V3 pin connected to JP1 left pin, so Im basically powering my board in different way and again after some tries with powering down and up it starts working.