cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-F746ZG STM32F746ZG - nowhere to connect STLink V3SET

Sagiv_Alia
Associate II

Hello there.

I'm a beginner with MCU programming and hardware, in order to get into the field I purchased a board suggested by someone in another forum, then realizing that the debugger is another hardware unit I purchased it aswell.

I managed to connect the flat cables found in the STLink box to the STLink and the STLink to the PC via USB however I can't find any pins to connect the STLink to the MCU.

I would like to know if I missed something or wasted some money in purchasing incompatible components.

Thank you.

I will have pictures attachedWhatsApp Image 2024-06-01 at 11.55.26 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-06-01 at 11.55.26.jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-06-01 at 11.55.27 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-06-01 at 11.55.27 (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-06-01 at 11.55.27 (3).jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-06-01 at 11.55.27.jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-06-01 at 11.55.28 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-06-01 at 11.55.28.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The Green Box shows the ST-LINK USB connection

The Red Box shows the jumpers connecting the Target SWDIO/SWCLK pins to the On-Board ST-LINK

NUCLEO-F746-001.jpg

The schematic can be found on the NUCLEO-F746ZG product page under the "CAD Resources" tab

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Sagiv_Alia 

I suggest you to take a look at the UM2448. That should be helpful for your case.

PS: the Nucleo-F746ZG already integrate an ST-link, no need to use an external one.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

First off, I thank you for a swift reply.

How do I use the board's integrated STLink?

Hello @Sagiv_Alia 

You have to follow the UM1947 for more details on how to do it.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

The Nucleo has an on-board debugger, no need to connect the other debugger. Pluf USB on the side with the F103. You should be able to start the stm programmer or debug server.

Use the USB connection on the NORTH/TOP END of the board. Use a Data Cable, not a charging cable.

Can access via STM32 Cube Programmer, or CubeIDE

The Green Box shows the ST-LINK USB connection

The Red Box shows the jumpers connecting the Target SWDIO/SWCLK pins to the On-Board ST-LINK

NUCLEO-F746-001.jpg

The schematic can be found on the NUCLEO-F746ZG product page under the "CAD Resources" tab

Sagiv_Alia
Associate II

Is that the ideal result? WhatsApp Image 2024-06-01 at 18.48.19.jpegScreenshot (1).png