cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No examples for Nucleo-H743ZI2 in STM32CubeIDE but Nucleo-H743ZI examples marked as obsolete?

bczwartk
Associate II

Hello,

I have the new Nucleo-H743ZI2 board (note the "2" at the end of the board identifier).  I was trying to import some example project for the board using STM32CubeIDE example selector.  However I am stuck.  Completely. 

• The only examples available are for the earlier board edition (Nucleo-H743ZI). When I try to import such projects, the IDE refuses claiming that the board is obsolete. 
  • When I specify the new Nucleo-H743ZI2 board in the examples Board Selector, there are literally *zero* examples for it. 
  • No other option exist ...

Questions:

1. Why aren't the Nucleo-H743ZI examples updated to also be available for Nucleo-H743ZI2? 
  2. Where can I import example projects for the new version of the board?  

Note, that I am using the latest STM32CubeIDE Version: 1.13.2, and I installed the latest STM32Cube MCU Package for STM32H7 series (1.11.0 with 1.11.1 patch).

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

Oh, didn't realize it was preventing you from importing the project entirely. That is a little obnoxious.

As you saw, you can find them in the repository itself and import, which is by default at C:\Users\USERNAME\STM32Cube\Repository on windows.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TDK
Guru

The boards are nearly identical. Most examples should run without modification. Those that don't will require very minimal changes.

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-boards-and-hardware/what-is-the-difference-between-nucleo-h743zi-and-nucleo-h743zi2/td-p/275380

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hi @TDK , many thanks for the answer. 

Yes, I saw this thread.  And I would be happy to try, even with applying some modifications.  However, I still do not know how to import the examples.  IDE will not let me because Nucleo-H743ZI is obsolete.  Can I extract these example projects somehow from some package and import directly into Cube IDE via Eclipse's import?

Thank you.

Ah, sorry!  I think I found them in en.stm32cubeh7_v1-11-0.zip package.  I will try importing directly into the IDE using regular project import.  Many thanks!

TDK
Guru

Oh, didn't realize it was preventing you from importing the project entirely. That is a little obnoxious.

As you saw, you can find them in the repository itself and import, which is by default at C:\Users\USERNAME\STM32Cube\Repository on windows.

Some of the CubeH7 examples had a define to build for one board vs the other. The ZI2 moved a couple of pins around related to LEDs, QSPI and ETHERNET as I recall

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @bczwartk 

>When I try to import such projects, the IDE refuses claiming that the board is obsolete. 

You can import the examples of the Nucleo-H743ZI. This message 

STTwo32_0-1700583657908.png

is just to inform you that the Nucleo-H743ZI is obsolete. You just have to click ok and keep going on generating your project.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Many thanks for all the answers.  I somehow got stuck in the IDE.  Even if I closed the message, I could not proceed with importing examples.  Still, the other approach I wrote about earlier worked.  I simply used File menu> Import...> General> Existing Projects into Workspace, and pointed to example project of interest located under:

C:\Users\USERNAME\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.11.1\Projects\NUCLEO-H743ZI\Examples\

That did the trick.  I should have thought about this solution earlier