cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in debugger ST-LINK server. "Info : stlinkserver already running, exit"

JBori.1
Associate

Just bought a nucleo H745ZI-Q board and trying to use the debugger. I'm using the STM32CubeIDE and the program exits with the error 'Info : stlinkserver already running, exit'

I'm just hitting 'debug as' in the run menu and selecting my device. The actual program is just the default program that is in the files when you start a new project.

Is this a common problem? and has anyone been able to fix it?

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @JBori.1​ and welcome to the Community :)

Check the "debugger" options in the "Debug Configuration", and choose the “Scan�? option to use the ST-Link on your board.

I advise you to follow the UM2609 "STM32CubeIDE user guide" (section 3.3) and the AN4989 "STM32 microcontroller debug toolbox" application note (in section 4.2.4)

Please, let me know if this solved your issue.

If this issue is not resolved, please share more details about your environment, version of tools, screenshot of the debug options...

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
JBori.1
Associate

Hi @Imen DAHMEN​ thank you so much for your help.

I was able to get rid of the error I mentioned in the question by unchecking the 'Shared ST-LINK' box in the debugger configurations. However, I'm still getting the program timing out, and not working on the board. I've now added some code to blink one of the user LEDs to confirm that the code is loading. No such luck unfortunately.

After choosing debug as > [my device] the LD4 LED on the nucleo board changes from solid green to flashing red and green. I can't find a guide anywhere on what this means, do you know?

Also, mentioned in AN4989 "In case of problem to connect to the board with STM32CubeIDE, make sure that NRST from ST-LINK is properly connected to STM32 NRST."

I suspect this isn't done correctly. I've included a screenshot from my IDE of the NRST pin.0693W00000FAzIGQA1.pngI've also got a screenshot of my debug configuration currently. Please let me know if anything looks out of place?

0693W00000FAzIQQA1.png

Hi @JBori.1​ ,

Please have a look at the following aspects described in this FAQ: Why my STM32 doesn't start?

This may helps you to properly working with your STM32 board.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen