cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using stm32f407vet6 micro-controller. when I connect it into windows laptop and try debugging with cube ide it is showing NO ST-LINK DETECTED, CONNECT AND RESTART DEBBUGGING. I don't know how to fix it. In device manager I found STM bootloader only.

NKuma.11
Associate II

7 REPLIES 7
TDK
Guru

It sounds like you are connected to the chip directly and not through a debugger like ST-Link, which is required if you want to debug.

What board are you using? Custom board?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @NKuma.11​ and welcome to the Community 🙂

Make sure to update the ST-Link Firmware and use the latest version of CubeIDE.

Check if the USB cable is connected on the right USB port (ST-Link).

Maybe you have the same issue as described in this post.

Hope my answer helps you!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Feel free to come back here, if you still have issues.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Thank you for replying. Yes I connected it directly. Do I have to buy a ST-link, I thought it is in-built. I am sending a picture of my board.0693W00000FBZTKQA5.jpg

On the majority of genuine ST boards, there is an on-board ST-Link used for debugging.

On that board, and most other clone/counterfeit boards out there, there is no ST-Link and you must get one.

https://stm32-base.org/boards/STM32F407VET6-STM32-F4VE-V2.0.html

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Thank You for fast replying, just want to confirm if this board doesn't have any other onboard debugger like segger j link?

The board does not have an onboard debugger or programmer. The schematic is shown in the link I provided.

No debugger, you'd attach external one via 20-pin header.

You should be able to program via STM32 Cube Programmer in USB Connection Mode.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..