cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i set baud rate greater than 115200 for virtual com port?

fzhan.2
Associate II

I'm now using NUCLEO-L476RG. My PC connects to the board by virtual com port? And i try to set a baud rate greater than 115200 but the data received from usart2 is wrong. However, when i set the baud rate less than 115200, it works well.

So i wanna ask that if 115200 is the upper limitation of virtual com port? If not, how can i set a higher one?

19 REPLIES 19
AScha.3
Chief II

USB not active, no clk....this is your clock tree, where you complain about usb vcp speed ??

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

yes, actually i am using usart2 to transmit data to VCP. But you are right, maybe i can try using usb for a higher speed

AScha.3
Chief II

obviously we are in different worlds . VCP IS USB , in serial mode.

where you connect the uart ???

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Emm, maybe i misunderstand some concepts. Thank you for pointing it out。

AScha.3
Chief II

Virtual COM port (VCP) drivers cause the USB device to appear as an additional COM port available to the PC. Application software can access the USB device in ... (ftdi)

But i wonder that what happens when stm32 sends data to usart2, even though i did not activate usb, i still receive data from VCP in PC.

If you are using a development board like the NUCLEO, the ST-LINK there converts a USART to VCP, for which there is a connection from that USART to the STM32 of the ST-LINK. USB does not need to be activated for VCP to function (if it exists at all at the target).

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Ok, i see. Thank you.​

AScha.3
Chief II

aa, you using the built-in vcp of the onboard st-link.

then your max. speed is, what this onboard thing can do; should be given somewhere in manual.

+

>How can i set baud rate greater than 115200...

then you need to use the usb/device/vcp on STM32L476 chip...

Thanks. I will check that