cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey guys, I have a problem with my STM32F4 mCs, that new producted from a PCB manufcturer. I think its about the IOC file, because I can boot them up, but the application files are not readed from main.cpp. Do you have some suggestions to try out?

PKesk.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PKesk.1
Associate II

Its solved just a small solder issue thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @PKesk.1​ ,

In order to allow a better analysis of your problem and to give you the appropriate answer, could you please give us more details?

Otherwise, we provide many examples in the F4 Firmware Package which you can refer to.

BeST Regards,

Walid

PKesk.1
Associate II

Hi @Walid ZRELLI​ 

I ordered my pcbs for two times with same design. The first ones are working quite good, I saw that the chip Rev Y, the one not working is Rev 2. (The Y is marked on the chip, and I can see the chip version when the debugger connects). Rev Y is newer, but cannot find any information online how to they differ. But for now, I would guess that all Rev Y chips work and Rev 2 has the problem.

When I debug the code, it seems like it stucks on CAN init(), so I tried to create a scratch project and it seems like there is no problem with it.

New project from scratch -> CAN works on Rev 2 chip.

New project from old IOC without any FreeRTOS code -> fail. So no can problem, but something related to the IOC and code being generated from it. Tried some hours to find what settings cause it, no luck so far ...

PKesk.1
Associate II

Its solved just a small solder issue thanks!

Great news! Thanks for sharing the fix.