cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed: Nucleo F401RE Board Issue with Shorted Analog Pin and Overheating

nuhail
Associate

I'm using the Nucleo F401RE board, and I was successfully reading analog signals from a 4-20mA signal generator for a project. I achieved this by connecting a 150-ohm resistor in series. However, the system suddenly stopped working, and upon investigation, I discovered that the LD3905 IC was overheating, and the microcontroller was also getting hot. Further examination revealed a short between the Analog pin PA1 (A1) and ground. I'm uncertain about the best course of action to get the board working again. Should I consider replacing the STM32F401 IC, or is there an alternative solution to resolve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

Before replacing the chip, might want to investigate why this happened so it doesn't happen again. Be aware of voltage limits on PA1.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

probably best to replace the whole Nucleo board?

TDK
Guru

Before replacing the chip, might want to investigate why this happened so it doesn't happen again. Be aware of voltage limits on PA1.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".