cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help for creating debug ports on a custom STM32 board H7 series.

VTodm.1
Associate II

Hello, i want to create a custom board for stm32 h7 series and run Free RTOS on it for a specific application. Which is the most advanced debug i can use to ensure i get all the correct debug tools on the market for this project both software and hardware. I m aware about the basic debugging like SWD or JTAG but it seems like they can be used in much more advanced ways. Also i want to program the board through DFU and USB_FS connection? will that be possible using the BOOT pins on STM32H755Bit3 processor . Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

> much more advanced ways of doing it like Trace Syncro

Trace synchronous is the same as using the SWO pin (trace asynchronous) except with better bandwidth. It's still using SWD (or JTAG).

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

SWD needs SWDIO, SWCLK, GND, and optionally SWO, NRST, VDD. The STLINK/V3-MINI has a 14-pin connector that also include a UART RX/TX. I would just copy the pinout used on that device.

Not sure what you mean by "more advanced ways" but any debugging is using the same hardware connection as basic debugging.

USB DFU bootloader can be used, assuming you have a way to put it into bootloader mode.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hello i think you misunderstood my question, i am aware of basic SWD and JTAG debugging but seems like there are much more advanced ways of doing it like Trace Syncro or the other modern ways of debugging the timings on the microprocessor. I want to use Azure RTOS on it and want to build a custom shield for that using the H7 Series, What should i include on the board which will ensure i am able to properly debug my board .

Also what is the difference between SWD with 2 pins, 3 and 4 pins and SWD with Trace synchro .

> much more advanced ways of doing it like Trace Syncro

Trace synchronous is the same as using the SWO pin (trace asynchronous) except with better bandwidth. It's still using SWD (or JTAG).