cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate a 'released' version

SScot.3
Associate II

OK, OK, OK, this is a REALLY dumb question but for the life of me I cannot find out WHERE you turn your hard-earned project with all its bells and whistles into a RELEASED file to download into the proc??!!??

I know this will come back as an easy thing, but google searches show all manner of things for debugging (quite helpful) and the whole environment is great - I now want to turn this project into a file to download into this nice little bit of plastic.......

I will flog myself after getting this to work as it will be no doubt super easy - if you know where to look......

-signed Stupid.

12 REPLIES 12
SScot.3
Associate II

I just found out something; I compiles just as I would but have the 'build' function set for 'release' and hit the 'play' button - all like I had done before.

Disconnect the ST-Link as before and the program runs like it should.

I disconnected the power and re-applied power and it doesn't work - as it had before.

THEN, I hit the reset button on the 32F030F4 board and voila, it works!

So, thanks to all who took the time to read, think, and offer an answer.

My mis-understanding was that this 'minimal' board had a reset circuitry that actually reset the proc, which I suspect it does not. Will look more closely at the schematic or maybe something I overlooked in the clock or chip setup.......

>  I just can't figure out how to get the CubeIDE to download the finished HEX or ELF file into the proc using the ST-Link.

This is easy. Instead of CubeIDE you may want to use another tool, CubeProgrammer. It can load elf. hex and other formats.

Or, if you want to use CubeIDE, see User guide ch 3.8 how to load [and debug] loose elf files.

Help-> Information center-> Stm32CubeIDE User guide

Will try both!