cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does STM32F042K6T6(LQF-32) microcontroller require boot pin to be grounded through resistor?

SMula
Associate II

Hi,

I am working on STM32F042K6T6(LQF-32) ARM microcontroller with STM32CubeMX and Keil software, according to the datasheet boot0 pin is available in pin-31 but when I open the same controller in STM32CubeMX I am neither finding any such pin nor its function like BOOT0

So should I include 10k ohm resistor at pin-31 and ground it irrespective of its availability?

Can anyone help me out here?

Regards

Shivakumar

4 REPLIES 4

Yes, you should have a pull down to ensure consistent start up performance. ​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thank you Clive!

Even though there is no BOOT0 function available in the pin-31(PB8) as attached in the image here, I should directly connect a pull down right?

Otherwise(if I do not use pull down) is there any chances of reading garbage data from stored flash data everytime when I restart the controller?

Regards

Shivakumar

> Otherwise(if I do not use pull down) is there any chances of reading garbage data from stored flash data everytime when I restart the controller?

A floating BOOT pin will make your board startup into system mode (ROM bootloader) or other modes seemingly at random.

> Even though there is no BOOT0 function available in the pin-31(PB8) as attached in the image here, I should directly connect a pull down right?

BOOT0 is not "selectable functionality" - it is the pin's functionality at startup (POR), before you application. Check the datasheet.

Thank you Ozone!!

I got your point but i'm getting confused after referring the datasheet because, In the datasheet there is no such functionality as you already said but when I open the same controller in STM32CubeMX software I found other functions in the same pin and I have also attached the image of that in my previous posts, please go through that and confirm me whether connecting pull down will affect those other peripherals or not?

Regards

Shivakumar