cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco/Nucleo that runs at +180MHz and capable of providing 48MHz for USB

Rroma.1
Associate II

Hello everyone,

Are there any boards that will allow me to run the MCU at 180MHz or more , while still supporting the use of the FullSpeed USB at 48MHz?

The board should have at least 2 ADC's & 1 DAC.

Please suggest how may I achieve this !

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Seem to recall the F429 didn't have the secondary PLL or 48 MHz source paths they realized they needed moving from 168 MHz or 180 MHz on the spec sheets.

As I recall the parts would clock up to 192 MHz. so if you're just tinkering that might be sufficient.

Look at the CM7 parts, and those with PLL and HSI48 methods for USB

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

It seems you did not have a look at the devel boards available and their capabilities. Start with looking at the boards and their specification and then ask specific questions and probably better help will be given.

Javier1
Principal

what @Uwe Bonnes​  said.

And my advice is you should use STM32cubeMX and play with the board/chip selectors instead of just reading datasheets.

cheers

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk

Seem to recall the F429 didn't have the secondary PLL or 48 MHz source paths they realized they needed moving from 168 MHz or 180 MHz on the spec sheets.

As I recall the parts would clock up to 192 MHz. so if you're just tinkering that might be sufficient.

Look at the CM7 parts, and those with PLL and HSI48 methods for USB

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I could clock the 429 Discovery to 300MHz, running the SDRAM, LCD... Just adding 1 more flash wait.

After tweakingthe SDRAM timings I got it to 330MHz, but crashed often, also with the extra delay the sdram was performing worse, so didn't worth it.

Around 250MHz with the same flash wait as 168MHz.