Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeIDE v1.6.0: Debug 'Disconnect' doesn't work

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

In a Debug session, I pressed the 'Disconnect' button - and this happened:

0693W00000AMDyIQAX.png 

This is on Win10-Pro, and using the ST-Link (converted to J-Link) on a B-L027Z-LRWAN1.

Is this a known deficiency, or should it work ?

What is (or should be) the difference between 'Disconnect' and 'Terminate' ?

3 REPLIES 3
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello!

This is a known issue but it's not tracked in the known issue list in our release note since it can't be fixed from our side. It stems from J-Link not supporting this command. We will contact SEGGER to ask them to look into this and if they add support in a future version we might be able to fix it in an update.

Thanks.

Do you mean the J-Link-converted-from-ST-Link doesn't support this command?

Or j-Links in general do not support it?

It certainly is possible to disconnect from a running target using a "normal" J-Link with Segger Embedded Studio - maybe they just use a different command to achieve the same end?

We are in contact with SEGGER regarding this. The standard Eclipse button "Disconnect" sends a 'D' command to the GDB server which then need to disconnect in a proper way. They have confirmed that they don't support the 'D' packet (in either converted nor in general) so we are making a feature request to them at the moment.

I'm not sure what other command they might be using in order to get the same result. But if they have a similar functionality then perhaps we can make a special case while debugging with J-Link. I'm sure it will be brought up during our discussions if that's the case.