cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access >=3,3V at GPIOA - STM32F411

timbo2023
Associate III

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

for you it is your daily business - for me as customer a contemporary challenge:

Something went wrong with my pin-configuration.

I measure ~1,7 V as GPIO-output of Port A instead of wished >=3.3 V.

My power supply is a USB.

Could you give a sample pin configuration for (3.3 V output) of Port A in discussion?

As additional comment:

Round about 5 V are present at the 5 V-Pin(s).

Thank you in advance.

TIMBO

46 REPLIES 46
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Which board you are using? a custom board?

You need to provide schematics as well. 

".. instead of wished >=3.3 V." -> that depends on your VDD.  What is your VDD level?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Reduce the load attached to the pin. Perhaps just remove and measure then.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

The TO talks about the Black Pill, probably this one.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
timbo2023
Associate III

It is a BlackPill (weact v. 3.0) -

To my purpose - I need the round about 5 V from 5 V-Pin at the outputs of PA0-PA3.

~ 3.3 V would be enough, but I measure ~1.7 V at the moment...

It seems to be a configuration thought...

BlackPill/BluePill are not boards of ST and unfortunately some of them have fake STM32 on them!

Meanwhile, even with a genuine STM32 you can't reach 5V. The maximum you can reach is 3.6V which is the maximum of VDD.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@timbo2023 wrote:

I need the round about 5 V from 5 V-Pin at the outputs of PA0-PA3.

The STM32 - like most such microcontrollers - is a 3.3V device.

It is not a 5V device.

Therefore you are never going to get a 5V output directly from its output pins.

Are you, perhaps, confused by the term "5V tolerant"? That refers to inputs which can tolerate 5V - it has nothing to do with outputs!

Ohhwee, that we must consider & check, of course.

On the 5 V pin were 4. ..V with USB given.

Is it possible to reach this voltage direct on another pin of port A?

But:

~3.6 V would be enough - VDD - of course - How looks the configuration of the pin0-3 of port A regarding it?

You are on a 3.3V system. 

If you want 5V signal, no problem, use a chip for level shifting 3 -> 5 V . (I do same, if 5v signals needed.)

You can take any .. ie : 74HCT125 (with enable) , or ->

https://www.mouser.de/c/semiconductors/logic-ics/buffers-line-drivers/?logic%20family=74HCT&polarity=Non-Inverting

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
timbo2023
Associate III

Thank you, Mr. NEIL - ok, that i understood with support of your answer.

But back to VDD with its reachable value - I measure after a pin configuration ~1.7 V - how should be the configuration to reach the "full" 3.6 V on the pins of port A.

Could you give a sample?