cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About STM32F205VET6 and STM32F205ZET6

TYUKI.1
Associate II

I couldn't find STM32F205VEFT in stock, so I modified the board and used STM32F205ZET6, but the board doesn't work as well as it did before the revision. I would appreciate it if you could tell me the possible causes for reference.

For example: I had to update the firmware, etc.

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @TYUKI.1​ ,

Could you please provide more details about your issue encounter with STM32F205ZET6 ?

The STM32F205VETx is an LQFP100 package, and STM32F205ZETx is LQFP144 package.

So, you should refer to the STM32F205xx Datasheet and check the GPIO, pin assignment.

0693W00000SteLaQAJ.jpg 

0693W00000SteLuQAJ.jpg 

You can use STM32CubeMX to compare the part numbers.

For that, this FAQ may help you: How to compare different STM32 part numbers using the cross selection tool of STM32CubeMX?

Check also the STM32F20x Errata sheet, if you have the limitation as described in the doc.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
TYUKI.1
Associate II

Thank you very much for teaching me many things.

We wanted to be able to put both 100-pin and 144-pin components on the board, so we designed the board as shown in the attached document.

I ran a pattern through the pins that had the equivalent functions of the 100-pin and 144-pin components, and dropped all unused pins of the 144-pin ones to ground.

This prototype board uses the 144-pin one, and the firmware is the program that was used when the 100-pin one was used.

regards,