cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 Pressure Sensor PCB Project

isaacseeto
Associate II

Hi I am in the the process of trying to replicate the STEVAL-SMARTAG1 board but with different sensors. I am new to making PCBs so I don't know if I've overlooked important considerations.

A goal of my project is to remove the battery to reduce the bulk of the final PCB. I replaced the battery power with a connector pin to provide power during programming. I have been using an STM32 Nucleo board with a STLink adapter to power and program.

At this point in time I am having trouble communicating with my PCB despite having all the components populated. I have checked the soldering and connectivity. 

I am receiving the following error: "The interface firmware FAILED to reset/halt the target MCU".

I observed the same error when no battery was inserted for the SMARTAG1 but I believe I am supplying sufficient power through the supplementary connector pin on my design. Could I please get some help for what I should try to resolve this problem. 

I have attached the Kicad schematic and pcb for reference. I have also attached the SMARTAG1 schematic that I used as a foundation.

isaacseeto_0-1725240650434.pngisaacseeto_1-1725240665915.png

0 REPLIES 0