Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST95HF error code 8E

Ye zhihuang
Associate II
Posted on August 15, 2017 at 04:42

dear all:

i have received the error codes: 8E....(it is really a long data)from ST95HF,which means ''reception lost without EOF received'',i don not know why,are u guys have the same problem.and this error code occurs only when i use NFC function

0690X00000607mcQAA.png
12 REPLIES 12
Posted on January 15, 2018 at 13:45

Hello,

For sure by adding magnetic material as metal plane  under the antenna  you will modify/ reduce the field and potentially will short the communication channel.

Did you find ferrite material to introduce between the metal area and the antenna?

Otherwise you will have to cut the metal area in order to not disrupt the magnetic field.

Regards
Posted on April 27, 2018 at 11:14

Hi,

I tried to increase VPS_TX from 3.3 to 5V on EVAL-ST95HF like on a picture

0690X0000060AoFQAU.png

I tucked 5 from USB. Also I recalculated capacitors with apps you recommended, and still I do not have any better results. 

The idea is to increase reading distance with increasing voltage. 

So because I am using eval board can you help me maybe I did something wrong. 

Values I got, Ca stays on 82pF, and C22 and C25 are 22pF, and with that values I have same reading distance i have with 3.3V.

Did any one succeeded to increase reading distance and transmitter power?  

Thanks!

Posted on June 22, 2018 at 16:01

Hello Stefan,

Please have a look on the thread below:

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009Xkf5qSAB

Experiment have already been done and conclusion seems that the design provided by ST is already trimmed to have performances at 3V power supply.

Increasing power by putting 5V has benefit in the transmit path but have also impact on receive part because their is no modification on chip sensitivity and thus Tag answer can be not seen correctly.

BR

PB