cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25RU3993_EVAL firmware will not work on Rain board

AHeit.1
Associate II

I am trying to test the ST25RU3993_Eval code and .ioc project with the ST25RU3993 Rain Board. I have uploaded the ST25RU3993_eval.bin through the firmware update option under help on the ST25RU3993 Reader Suite, but the board does not recognize it, and gives the error it isn't compatible.

Why is this firmware failing, as it was my understanding this was a compatible firmware for the Rain Board? The project builds correctly within the STMCubeIDE, but the bin file produced will not work as firmware through the suite.

Is there a way to get a hold of the .ioc files for the only firmware that works for the READER? The only firmware I get to work on the RAIN Reader Suite is ST25RU3993_FW_v3-0-0-0_Eval.bin.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nick K
ST Employee

Hi,

when you say "not working" you mean the Reader Suite GUI can not connect to the board after successful download of your generated bin file ?

For the Reader Suite GUI, the FW and the GUI must have exact the version.

The FW version reported with the GetVersion command and the GUI version visible in the About box.

The Reader Suite GUI first check the version info from the FW and refuse connection to the board if the versions are not the exact the same.

If there is a mismatch please modify the FW version to match the GUI version.

The FW version can be adjusted with the FW_VERSION_MAJOR , FW_VERSION_MINOR, FW_VERSION_MICRO, FW_VERSION_NANO defines in the file st25ru3993_config.h. Rebuild the bin file and try again with the GUI.

To check if your bin file work at all, please flash it to the board and try to execute the STUHFL_demo application project. This is provided with the SDK in the Application directory. When the STUHFL_demo can at least exchange a GetVersion then the bin file must also be correct.

BR

Nick

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Thank you. Can we also get the .ioc and SRC and IRC files that go with that? We are working/testing with the ST25RU3993_eval code as we need the full CubeIDE source code to test and modify for our work. Thanks

This was built from the SDK

There was an .IOC in the root directory for the project, probably need to use contemporary tools

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
AHeit.1
Associate II

This firmware is not working on the ST25RU3993_Eval RAIN board

Not working how exactly? Any error messages?

Can you flash it to the L4 directly?

Attach the ST25RU3993_FW_v3-0-0-0_Eval.bin file that works

AHeit.1
Associate II

@Community member​ I understand, but the firmware I am trying to get working is related to the EVAL portion that comes with the download of the STSW-ST25RU001 for the ST25RU3993 eval board. Under Firmware you will see EVAL, IRC, SRC, and inside EVAL is the .ioc to test and evaluate. I can build the st25ru3993_eval project, and compile with no errors, but that st25ru3993_eval.bin file created by the CubeIDE will not work on that board. It says they are not compatible. I am trying to know why this may be an issue, or how to resolve that issue.

Understand I only have cursory interest in this, it's not a board I'm using, or project I'm involved in.

The image created by the tools looks to be a directly flashable binary, you should perhaps try writing it directly to the STM32 part on the board. I'm not sure what other "upgrade" or OTA, IAP, ISP methods this board and the preloaded software might afford, or whether the binary meets the expectations for such methods.

Work with the FAE assigned to your account, or those out of your local sales office.

AHeit.1
Associate II

@Community member​ Thank you. I do appreciate your help. I will ping the STM crew to see if they have answers @Cedric Dalban​  @Nick K​  ... can either of you shine light on why the st25ru3993_eval.bin will not work on the Rain Board?

Does this file load?

ST25RU3993_Reader_Suite\Firmware\ST25RU3993_FW_v3-0-2-0_Eval.bin

Again this looks materially like the output from KEIL

The GUI is supposed to get the device into System Loader mode.

Looks like this might also be achievable via the RESET/BOOT button sequences, and use of STM32 Cube Programmer in UART mode connecting to the COM port.

3.02 version of the GUI

https://www.st.com/content/my_st_com/en/products/embedded-software/st25-nfc-rfid-software/stsw-st25ru001.license=1629924456420.product=STSW-ST25RU001.version=3.0.2.html

The older version isn't available for download, but you're saying that .BIN works, right?