cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R3916DiscoComm.lib/.h/.dll: Qt5SerialPortd.dll is missing.

TOzya.1
Associate II

I am trying to use the ST25R3916DiscoComm.lib/.h/.dll in a QT project that were installed as a part of ST25R3916DiscoComm GUI application. I am able to use all these 3 files from within QT Creator (meaning that my program works well when launched from QT Creator with the release target, MSVC 2019 32-bit). However when I deploy the program I am getting an error indicating that Qt5SerialPortd.dll is missing. The emphasis here is the 'd' following Qt5SerialPort. I suspect that the *.lib supplied was built for a debug target (?). I am not sure what the problem is here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

I think the v1.2.0 still has an issue of referencing wrong DLLs. The easiest solution would be to install QT5.7.0 and put its subfolder msvc2015 on the PATH.

BR, Ulysses

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LREGN.1
Associate II

Hello TOzya. Can you give me the release nb of the dll? ( right click on the dll and look at 'detail' tab). You can also check dll & exe dependencies with Depends.exe usually distributed with Microsoft visual studio. For the 1.2.0 release, dependencies are: 0693W00000GYpLbQAL.pngSo we are using release version of the QSerialPort lib. Your problem can comes from the .exe itself

TOzya.1
Associate II

I will check the release nb of the DLL later. But in case the issue is due to the .exe how can i fix this? I am building using the release target.

I have a version that uses R3911 DLL and that works fine.

LREGN.1
Associate II

I TOzya.

The Dll version number will allow me to check that you are not using an old version that can potentially embedded debug version of QSerialPort (it has been a known bug that has been fixed). The up to date one is v1.2.0 and use the right version of QSerialPort.

Concerning the .exe generation, it seems that you are using QtCreator. Check that in your .pro file you have QT += serialport and not QT += serialportD (normally the debug version is included automatically by qt framework)..

If it is possible you can also send me a zip of your project and I will try to understand and fix this problem

TOzya.1
Associate II

Hello,

this is the snapshot of the DLL details:

0693W00000GZLgvQAH.pngv1.2.0.0

Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

I think the v1.2.0 still has an issue of referencing wrong DLLs. The easiest solution would be to install QT5.7.0 and put its subfolder msvc2015 on the PATH.

BR, Ulysses