cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R3911B-DISCO and STEVAL-D25R16B PC GUI USB not connected (USB HID not migrated error in some PC)

Aeh1
Associate II

I connected these 2 kits in some PC but cannot connect to USB HID as shown in pictures

HIDfail1.png

However when I unplugged the cable, the text "ST25R3911 Reader Board Removed" shown as in picture below.

The USB status always in red, no board detection. 

HIDfail2.png

I search google for event "Device settings not migrated" and tried to fix all the methods,

eg. uninstall, remove device driver, scan pc, etc. Nothing work.

The windows 11 driver is shown in below picture

HIDfail3.png

PC GUI for both kits were installed in latest version as shown below.

HIDfail5.pngHIDfail6.png

The same kits, the same cable connected to the same software GUI in another PC is OK

without "Device settings not migrated" event in Device manager.

Any solution, driver to fix this error? Please advise.

Best Regards and Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi Aeh1,

out of the box no idea. Never saw this error... I presume you already rebooted your machine? You are using Win10, correct?

BR, Ulysses

It's LG GRAM 17. Windows 11 Home since purchased.

And always updated to latest OS (now 23H2 OS build 22631.4317)

Another PC that's ok, no problem has the same 23H2 OS build 22631.4317 but Windows 11 Pro instead.

I did everything except bios update or reset PC to factory setting. I tried different ports, many hubs, uninstall, re-install. Nothing work. Now I gave up and moved to develop from PC desktop that has no USB HID problem.

I also received  STEVAL-25R200A for testing. It seems that this board use USB CDC class instead of HID.

There is no error for PC GUI, but I couldn't test FTM demo for files, pictures, and firmware transfer. So I went back to STEVAL-D25R16B

LG.png