cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25NFCApplicationV3.7.0 Crashes on Android 13 (Pixel6a)

hagbard
Associate II

Hello,

st25nfcApplication_V3.7.0 is crashing on my Pixel6A (Android13) caused by the following source:

E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: AsyncTask #1

Process: com.st.st25nfc.dbg, PID: 1098

java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occurred while executing doInBackground()

at android.os.AsyncTask$4.done(AsyncTask.java:415)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.finishCompletion(FutureTask.java:381)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.setException(FutureTask.java:250)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:269)

at android.os.AsyncTask$SerialExecutor$1.run(AsyncTask.java:305)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1137)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:637)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1012)

Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: Tag ( ID: 2E D4 4E 50 00 27 02 E0 ) is out of date

at android.nfc.Tag.getTagService(Tag.java:381)

Could this be the the reasion: ???

Catch a SecurityException that was introduced in AOSP commit 113f3a4. It is thrown when an NFC tag is removed.

https://github.com/open-keychain/open-keychain/pull/2804

Does anyone have a solution ?

13 REPLIES 13

Hi Oliver,

We have same problem on Android 13... Can you help me please with this error: cannot find symbol
androidReaderInterface.setAndroidTag(newAndroidTag);

setAndroidTag is not defined in AndroidReaderInterface class??

Olivier L
ST Employee

Hi Entony,

I will need more information about the versions that you are using. ST25NFCTap Android application is made of 3 layers:

• At the low level, there is the AndroidReaderInterface which creates a generic interface to access to NFC Tag on Android phones.
  • Above, there is the ST25SDK library. This is a java library implementing commands for all our ST25 portfolio of NFC Tags. On Android, it relies on the AndroidReaderInterface to communicate with the NFC controler.
  • Then above the ST25SDK, there is the android ST25NFCTap application. 

The current version of ST25NFCTap application is 3.9.0.

The current version of ST25SDK is 1.10.0.

The current version of AndroidReaderInterface is 1.0.10.

setAndroidTag() is defined in AndroidReaderInterface. Did you successfully add the AndroidReaderInterface's AAR file to your Android Studio project?

Hi Oliver,

thank you for your answer. You are right, it was a problem with the AndroidReaderInterface AAR file, I had an older version 1.0.8

Olivier L
ST Employee

Hi,

I'm glad to see that your issue is now fixed.

Regards