cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25DV Append NDEF records

Rajeev Piyare
Associate III

Has anyone implemented or does ST provides a library where the NDEF records can be appended or chained together for data logging such as long term sensor data etc without overwriting the old records?

Looking at the current NDEF library of the ST25DV it does not seem to do so.

Does anyone has any workaround or solution for this?

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

@ADale.1​ ,

The readers package is the NFC tag reader. Its been a a while that I was working on this, but you can download the c-library provided by ST for ST25DV from this page. It includes all the low-level implementation of the APIs that one may need to accomplish the integration with their own NFC system.

Hope this helps.

RP

Hi Rajeev.

Thanks for the quick reply. The package you have linked to includes version 1.3.0 of your NDEF library, while I already have version 1.3.1 (dated April 2019) .

Do you have an even newer version?

BR

Anders

Unfortunately, I do not have the newer version. As you may have read from this thread, there was some missing features which I implemented for my own application and after that i hav not looked into the newer libraries this year. ST staff told me that they will incorporate the changes to their source codes but not sure if that has happened yet or not. My suggestion would be try to contact them and see.

By the way, does the version 1.3.1 not have the features you are looking for or what?

Hi @ADale.1​ ,

You can find a version of this ndef library in the nucleo nfc5 or nfc6 package. It is located in the middleware folder. This library is developed for readers but there is everything needed to manage NDEF files. What is missing is the Tag5 type to interface between the tag and the NDEF lib (reading and writing of the CCFile and TLVs on the tag). You can get this file tagtype5_wrapper.c/.h in your current project to help you. But you will have to made some adaptation as this file was not intended to work with this new library.

Hope this can help you.

Best Regards.

ADale.1
Associate II

Delete

Hi. Thanks for both of your replies.

I am simply looking for the option to write multiple records in one message. This seems to me basic NDEF functionality, but not supported.

I'll have a look at the efforts needed to make the nfc5 package work for me.

BR

Anders

how to you add text .I am working on same NFC and trying to add multiple text record