cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtaining 3 axis data from LIS2DW12 using Steval-Smartag 1 board

JLiew.1162
Associate II

Hi there! I was wondering if I am able to obtain 3 axis data from LIS2DW12 using Steval-Smartag 1 board. If this is possible could you provide the software and programs to be installed.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @JLiew.1162​ ,

you can refer to the FP-SNS-SMARTAG1 function pack, that implements some examples with the Steval-Smartag 1 board and motion and environmental sensors.

In particular, you can refer to the below functions, that you can find in the \Drivers\BSP\SmarTag folder (SmarTag_motion_sensors.c):

int32_t SMARTAG_MOTION_SENSOR_GetAxesRaw(uint32_t Instance, uint32_t Function, SMARTAG_MOTION_SENSOR_AxesRaw_t *Axes)

int32_t SMARTAG_MOTION_SENSOR_GetAxes(uint32_t Instance, uint32_t Function, SMARTAG_MOTION_SENSOR_Axes_t *Axes)

For the NFC transmission you probably have to call this other function in the main.c:

void MEMS_Sensors_ReadData(void)

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @JLiew.1162​ ,

you can refer to the FP-SNS-SMARTAG1 function pack, that implements some examples with the Steval-Smartag 1 board and motion and environmental sensors.

In particular, you can refer to the below functions, that you can find in the \Drivers\BSP\SmarTag folder (SmarTag_motion_sensors.c):

int32_t SMARTAG_MOTION_SENSOR_GetAxesRaw(uint32_t Instance, uint32_t Function, SMARTAG_MOTION_SENSOR_AxesRaw_t *Axes)

int32_t SMARTAG_MOTION_SENSOR_GetAxes(uint32_t Instance, uint32_t Function, SMARTAG_MOTION_SENSOR_Axes_t *Axes)

For the NFC transmission you probably have to call this other function in the main.c:

void MEMS_Sensors_ReadData(void)

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon

JLiew.1162
Associate II

Dear @Eleon BORLINI​ ,

Thanks for the quick reply! Sorry could you clarify if any software would be required to run this code? As I currently obtain measurements from the SMARTAG-1 by using a ST25R3911B-DISCO reader.

Thanks again,

Jia Xiang

Hi Jia,

you can use the STM32CubeIDE to build the project.

You can program it by connecting P201 is a JTAG/SWD interface to assist in software development. It can be connected to an external ST-LINK/V2 device using a 9-pin Cortex-M adapter.

-Eleon

Dear Eleon,

Thanks for the reply. To clarify, would I be able to build the project using STM32CubeIDE and program it with a ST25R3911B-DISCO reader wirelessly?

Thanks and have a great weekend,

Jia Xiang

Hi Jia,

I'm afraid that the ST25R3911B-DISCO is not capable of FOTA or similar, but you might update the firmware as shown in this video, using the dedicated ST25R3911B-DISCO GUI.

Have a nice weekend you too!

-Eleon