cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a 64-bit version of ST25R3916DISCOComm.dll ?

TimLong
Associate II

I recently purchased a STEVAL$25R3916BA evaluation kit because I was given to understand that this had a 64-bit DLL available, whereas the older 3911-based kit didn't.

However as I have started to write code based on the DLL, I have found it is actually 32-bit only and I would need a separate 64-bit DLL.The 32-bit limitation is affecting a whole bunch of libraries and applications I am building on top of the DLL, all of which now have to be restricted to 32-bit just because of this one DLL. A 64-bit version is really badly needed!

Does this exist, and if so, where can I find it? Alternatively, is the DLL source code available so I can rebuild it as 64-bit?

4 REPLIES 4

Hello

a new release of ST25-NFC software (STSW-ST25PC001) is planned for Wk14-2024. This new revision will be built in 64-bit version. After software install, you will be able to find all 64-bit DLL in the install directory/app, including ST25R3916DISCOComm.dll. Please, have a look on STMicroelectronics internet web site to get this new release soon.

Best regards,

NFC Customer Support

Hello,

just to inform that 64-bit version (3.0.0) is now available on STMicroelectronics web site: STSW-ST25PC001

NFCRFIDCustomersupport_0-1712754366346.png

ST25PC001: windows application & ST25PC002: source codes. DLLs are available after application install in install folder ./app/ or ST25PC002: resources/x64/

Best regards,

NFC Customer support

_JJ_
Associate II

Hello @NFC/RFID Customer support 

Thank you for the update on x64 Lib release.

I started playing around it and I can using DLL explorer quite a few APIs have changed, I was wondering if there is an interface file like previous release, previous release had a project where ST25R3916DISCOComm.dll was used for C++, Python and a C# project and had a ST25R391x_Interface.cs defining exported APIs so that it is easy to use.

BR
JJ
_JJ_
Associate II

Forgot to add one more thing, I am referring to a DEMO project (a Visual Studio project with 3 sub-project in C++, Python and C#) which came as part of DISCO GUI application installation, and I checked it is not have any new release yet with STSW-ST25PC001, is there any plan to update the DEMO Project for this 64-bit DLL?

The DLL from current version demo project has an interface file, and it does define API list for 64-bit but the released x64 DLL in v3.0.0 seems to be not mapping with it, I tried to play around it but no luck, so I am wondering if there is any plan for updating that too.

BR
JJ