cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is ST25 support DESFIRE ?

DAbba
Associate II

Hi everyone

I have chosen st25r3911b to my new project for NFC and mifares .

now I am wondering if it dose not support DESfire , I have to change my project and choose another chip .

could you please help me .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi Darius,

of course ST25R3911B supports sending/receiving all the frames and APDUs need for Mifare Desfire and even Mifare Classic.

AFAIK the full details of the commands etc. are only available under NDA with NXP. So our demo code does not have extensive support for these tags. Our source code will discover, anticollide and activate those cards but no support of cryptography/read/write/format is included. There is sample code inside XNUCLEO-NF05A1 for reading NFC Forum T4T. Mifare DesFire can be formatted as a T4T.

Regards, Ulysses

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi Darius,

of course ST25R3911B supports sending/receiving all the frames and APDUs need for Mifare Desfire and even Mifare Classic.

AFAIK the full details of the commands etc. are only available under NDA with NXP. So our demo code does not have extensive support for these tags. Our source code will discover, anticollide and activate those cards but no support of cryptography/read/write/format is included. There is sample code inside XNUCLEO-NF05A1 for reading NFC Forum T4T. Mifare DesFire can be formatted as a T4T.

Regards, Ulysses