cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i get into testmode with continuous unmodulated / modulated field

mdiet.1
Associate

Hello,

For various tests and especially for certification, I like to put the ST25R39xx into a test state in which it generates a continuous unmodulated field or a field modulated with random data (similar to NXP's PRBS test).

Is such a mode available?

How can I access this mode? Ideally via the RFAL library.

The ST25R3916-DISCO board is FCC certified. Can you share the project / code used for FCC certification?

Thanks in advane,

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi Michael,

please use rfalSetMode() instead/before rfalSetBitRate() to explicitly define the to be used technology.

Of course also the rfalWorker() needs to be called until rfalGetTransceiveStatus() does not return ERR_BUSY anymore.

The GT is for delaying the first command after the field on by typically 5ms. There is no automatic field off (except if you use AP2P). Then afterwards the software makes sure to employ an FWT of 500us between the frames being sent.

Best Regards, Ulysses

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi Michael,

don't have the details of testing at hand but the tests were either performed at constant carrier (rfalFieldOnAndStartGT()) or during running polling loop.

If you would want to have frames with PRBS pattern you would need to select it and send the frames using one of the supported technologies (rfalStartTransceive(), etc.).

Best Regards, Ulysses

mdiet.1
Associate

Hello Ulysses,

thank you for your help.

So can I only use the functions from rfal_rf.h for this and after an initialization consisting of

rfalInitialize(),

rfalSetBitRate(),

rfalFieldOnAndStartGT()

and then execute

rfalStartTransceive(),

rfalGetTransceiveStatus()

in a loop?

Does the GT (Guard Timer?) turn the field off after an timeout?

I need no communication with an transpondercard, only an permanent and modulated carrier with the specified bitrate.

Thanks,

Michael

Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi Michael,

please use rfalSetMode() instead/before rfalSetBitRate() to explicitly define the to be used technology.

Of course also the rfalWorker() needs to be called until rfalGetTransceiveStatus() does not return ERR_BUSY anymore.

The GT is for delaying the first command after the field on by typically 5ms. There is no automatic field off (except if you use AP2P). Then afterwards the software makes sure to employ an FWT of 500us between the frames being sent.

Best Regards, Ulysses