cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR95HF on Arduino Uno Error 88

Judith
Associate III

Hello,

I am using the X-Nucleo-NFC03A1 shield with the Arduino Uno. I use the library for the BM019 as an inspiration for reading my tag. Setting the protocol, the echo command and the IDN command all work fine, but when I try to read the UID of the tag I always get the error 88 in my response code meaning invald start of frame. I am using the ISO 15693. Could you help me find the cause of that error and tell me what it means.

For getting the UID I use the commands 0x00 0x04 0x03 0x26 0x01 0x00 as reccomended in the datasheet.

Thanks.

19 REPLIES 19

Hi,

I have tried every possible value combination now and non of them have resolved my error. Do you have any other idea of what I can try except for using a different antenna or tag.

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

have you tried different position on the reader antenna? For example close to one corner?

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,

yes I have tried that, but the response code stayed at 88.

Hi,

I do not believe this will change the issue but let's try to reduce the data rate.

Change the protocolSelect to use 6kbps (00   02 02 01 2D)

When sending commands to the tag, set the Data_rate_flag to 0, for example for the inventory: 0x00 0x04 0x03 0x24 0x01 0x00

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,

I tried your recommendation, but I still got the same error.

Hi,

I am afraid that only an antenna redesign would solve this issue.

Rgds

BT

Hi,

could a possible reason be, that I use a tag type 5 and in the data sheet it says, that the CR95HF only supports tags of the type 1,2,3 and 4? 

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

since the CR95HF has joined the ST25R reader family,  ST25R95 is the part numbering for this device and the up to date datasheet is on the ST25R95 webpage: DS12807. Make sure to use the updated version of the datasheet as it fixes several typos: e.g. "NFC Forum tags: Types 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5". You can easily check that type 5 tags are supported by using for example a skipass or tags from ST25-TAG-BAG-AB.

Here is the typical serial output when a type 5 tag enters in the operating volume of the X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1:

BrianTIDAL_0-1698221252601.png

Rgds

BT

Hi,

thank you for your help, I used a different tag and everything worked.

Hi Judith,

you mean another model of tag (with a bigger antenna) or another tag of the same model?

Rgs

BT