cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find firmware update file for ST25R3916 - DISCO Board

VSoni.1
Associate III

Hey, I recently ordered an ST25R3916-DISCO board for communicating with ST25 RFID tag antennas. I connected the board to my PC via the micro-USB cable and was able to detect my antenna via the R/W feature on the MCU. Furthermore, I downloaded the ST25R3916 discovery GUI software on my PC to obtain the RFID communication data (specifically RSSI values) on the computer. However, the software UI is grayed out and is not recognizing my board. I looked up the user manual for setting up the ST25R3916-DISCO board and it specifies installing the "DISCO_STM32L4x6.hex" firmware file. However, I am not able to locate the file in the installation directory. The file that I have in the firmware directory is "ST25R3916Demo_MB1414B_v1.2.0.hex". I also downloaded the "STSW-ST25R011" file which is the firmware for the ST25R3916-DISCO board, but couldn't locate the firmware file in there as well. Please let me know how I can get the discovery GUI to identify my board.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VSoni.1
Associate III

Okay, I set the DISCO board in USB mode and was able to upgrade the firmware. I also am able to detect the RFID tag with an antenna using the ST25PC-NFC.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
VSoni.1
Associate III

Okay, so I tried installing the MB1414B firmware update in the Discovery GUI software, and this is the error I received:

"Potentially the STM32 Bootloader driver was not properly installed. Please install the driver from the Generic Discovery GUI installation directory using the device manager. Then try again."

How do I go ahead with this? I notice that there are some driver files located under STMicroelectronics/ST25R3916_Discovery_GUI/Tools/STM32CubeProgrammer. I have 64-bit Windows 10 software; so which driver would be appropriate for me? Also, when I connect the DISCO board using the micro USB, I don't see an additional device pop up in my device manager.

VSoni.1
Associate III

Okay, I set the DISCO board in USB mode and was able to upgrade the firmware. I also am able to detect the RFID tag with an antenna using the ST25PC-NFC.