cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the PN532 send information to the ANT7-T-ST25DV04K?

Ide c.1
Associate II

Hello,

I am working on a project where I need to send information from an NFC reader to a tag. The idea is to use an (Arduino UNO + PN532) as an NFC reader and send the information to the ANT7-T-ST25DV04K module which will be connected to an MSP430 microcontroller. The question is if this connection would be possible for data transmission. 

On the other hand, I would like to know if you have examples of code in which the ANT7-T-ST25DV04K module receives data and sends it to the microcontroller. If you don't have examples, how could I do it? what registers should I use? is there any library? I would like to have more information about this.

I send you a picture attached to better understand the circuit:

0693W00000FBjVQQA1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

if I am not wrong, this reader does not support NFC Type 5 tags and therefore it cannot communicate with the ANT7-T-ST25DV04K.

I would suggest to rather use ST25R3911B or ST25R3916 reader IC. X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1 and X-NUCLEO-NFC06A1 provide ready to use reader boards that can be connected to an STM32 NUCLEO MCU board such as NUCLEO-L476RG. See https://github.com/stm32duino/X-NUCLEO-NFC06A1 for Arduino lib supporting the X-NUCLEO-NFC06A1 reader board.

For the end to end communication, I guess you plan to use the ST25DV04K mailbox and its Fast Transfer Mode (FTM) feature. A C portable library supporting the FTM is available in the ST25 Embedded NFC library. This library is available for both the ST25R reader and the ST25DV tag (the library for the tag is included in the ST25 Embedded NFC library for a given ST25R reader). Ready to use example (in bare metal) are provided as part of the library.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

if I am not wrong, this reader does not support NFC Type 5 tags and therefore it cannot communicate with the ANT7-T-ST25DV04K.

I would suggest to rather use ST25R3911B or ST25R3916 reader IC. X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1 and X-NUCLEO-NFC06A1 provide ready to use reader boards that can be connected to an STM32 NUCLEO MCU board such as NUCLEO-L476RG. See https://github.com/stm32duino/X-NUCLEO-NFC06A1 for Arduino lib supporting the X-NUCLEO-NFC06A1 reader board.

For the end to end communication, I guess you plan to use the ST25DV04K mailbox and its Fast Transfer Mode (FTM) feature. A C portable library supporting the FTM is available in the ST25 Embedded NFC library. This library is available for both the ST25R reader and the ST25DV tag (the library for the tag is included in the ST25 Embedded NFC library for a given ST25R reader). Ready to use example (in bare metal) are provided as part of the library.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Ide c.1
Associate II

Hi,

Ok, thank you very much for the information. Do you have any example code to make the ANT7-T-ST25DV04K work only for energy harvesting?

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

I would suggest you start a new thread for this question as per the ground rules of this community.

Thanks

Rgds

BT