cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Read/Write for X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 Module: Which STM32CubemxIDE Middleware?

KemalUzgoren
Associate III

Hello,

Using the X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 module and ST25DV02K-W1R8S3 or M24SR64-YMN6T/2' IC. I want to do block reading and block writing. Is there a middleware and software package that supports X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 like x-cube-nfc4, x-cube-nfc6 and x-cube-nfc7 middleware and software packages in STM32CubemxIDE, if there is, how can I add it to STM32CubemxIDE? I have it here. "https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stsw-st25r-lib.html" how can I add this to STM32CubemxIDE?
Best regards

KU

13 REPLIES 13
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

the RFAL API supports the various Read/Write single/Multiple blocks commands in a clear way (i.e. without encryption). This can be found in rfal_nfcv.c/.h. As far as I know ST25DV02K-W1 does include ciphering/encryption features. 

Can you elaborate on your ISO-15693 ciphering/encryption needs? Which tag do you plan to use?

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,

We are planning to use ST25DV64KC-IE8T3 as a change in IC. We will use tag 5 as tag. rfal_nfcv.c/.h has a function declaration like this. "ReturnCode rfalNfcvPollerLockBlock( uint8_t flags, const uint8_t* uid, uint8_t blockNum );" Where do I enter the password information I will use here? The rfalNfcvPollerLockBlock function returns the NFC communication status information. The part I don't understand is that when I read/write to the part I encrypted as a block, I need to enter the password value first. rfalNfcvPollerLockBlock does not send this function password value? I don't understand here.

Best regards,

KU

Hi,

rfalNfcvPollerLockBlock API sends an ISO15693 Lock Block command to the tag. This protects a given block from new writings. 

As far as I remember, when using an ST25DV64KC device, the Lock Block command is only applicable for the blocks 0 and 1 and an RF user needs no password to lock blocks 0 and/or 1.

If I am not wrong, the ST25DV64KC device does not support encryption feature but area protection feature. See Data protection in §5.6 inside the ST25DV64KC datasheet. If you plan to use ST25DV64KC data protection feature and need to send the Present Password command, you can use rfalST25xVPollerPresentPassword API from rfal_st25xv.c Then I guess your next question will be related to Read Configuration and Write Configuration commands: this is supported through rfalST25xVPollerReadConfiguration, rfalST25xVPollerWriteConfiguration, rfalST25xVPollerReadDynamicConfiguration, rfalST25xVPollerWriteDynamicConfiguration APIs.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest and informative message. Thanks to the details you provided about the RFAL NFCv Poller Lock Block API and the ST25DV64KC device, I have gained more understanding. Your information has been very valuable to me.

I may ask questions again about other issues I may encounter in the future. Thank you again for your help.

Best regards,

KU