cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Read/Write for X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 Module: Which STM32CubemxIDE Middleware?

KemalUzgoren
Associate III

Hello,

Using the X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 module and ST25DV02K-W1R8S3 or M24SR64-YMN6T/2' IC. I want to do block reading and block writing. Is there a middleware and software package that supports X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 like x-cube-nfc4, x-cube-nfc6 and x-cube-nfc7 middleware and software packages in STM32CubemxIDE, if there is, how can I add it to STM32CubemxIDE? I have it here. "https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stsw-st25r-lib.html" how can I add this to STM32CubemxIDE?
Best regards

KU

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

the expansion package for the X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 is a standalone package and is not integrated with STM32CubeMX. The ST25 embedded NFC library (STSW-ST25R017 package) provides ready to use STM32CubeIDE demos for the NUCLEO-L476RG MCU board + NUCLEO-NFC03A1 NFC reader expansion board.

If your application is based on another MCU board, you can use STM32CubeMX to generate the initialization of the various interfaces (SPI, LEDs, ST25R95 IRQ_IN and IRQ_OUT) and the main.c skeleton. Then merge the main.c from the demo to your main.c and and the various middleware files from the demo to your project.

The demo_polling.c file contains an example of T5T tag block read/write (see demoNfcv function) that can be used with ST25DV02K-W1R8S3.

The M24SR64 is a T4T tag and therefore its memory layout is not block based but application and file based. The communication is done through APDU. demoAPDU function provides an example of how to read the CC file.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

A software pack called X-CUBE-NFC3 also exists for the X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1. However, the X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 is already quite old, so that nobody bothers to integrate it into STM32CubeMX or STM32CubeIDE anymore.

But that doesn't matter, because you can simply add it manually to your project, as has already been suggested here for another, older package.

Hope that helps?

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

the expansion package for the X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 is a standalone package and is not integrated with STM32CubeMX. The ST25 embedded NFC library (STSW-ST25R017 package) provides ready to use STM32CubeIDE demos for the NUCLEO-L476RG MCU board + NUCLEO-NFC03A1 NFC reader expansion board.

If your application is based on another MCU board, you can use STM32CubeMX to generate the initialization of the various interfaces (SPI, LEDs, ST25R95 IRQ_IN and IRQ_OUT) and the main.c skeleton. Then merge the main.c from the demo to your main.c and and the various middleware files from the demo to your project.

The demo_polling.c file contains an example of T5T tag block read/write (see demoNfcv function) that can be used with ST25DV02K-W1R8S3.

The M24SR64 is a T4T tag and therefore its memory layout is not block based but application and file based. The communication is done through APDU. demoAPDU function provides an example of how to read the CC file.

Rgds

BT

KemalUzgoren
Associate III

I needed a module to read and write for NFC. I found the X-CUBE-NFC3 module. I didn't think I would have a problem since STMicroelectronics supports it in software. Thank you for your feedback.

Hi,

X-CUBE-NFC3 is fine as well but has not been updated recently.  ST25 embedded NFC library provides the same demos that X-CUBE-NFC3 but is more up to date and has additional demos. Both are supported by ST. 

Rgds

BT

Thank you for the detailed information about the X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 expansion package. Your explanation provided a clear understanding of the ST25 embedded NFC library and application guidelines. The guidance you offered in explaining the initial steps for different MCU boards is extremely valuable for the integration of our projects.

Hi, 

I have one more question. For the NUCLEO-L476RG MCU board, there is a file called Common apart from the NFC code. Can I do the application I want to do using the drivers there or do you have a suggestion for that? So I will do it using the Nucleo-C031C6 module.

Best regards,

KU

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

as long as the license terms are respected, you are free to reuse the various files provided in the firmware package. The files from Common should be able to run on STM32C031. As your application will not use NFC-B nor NFC-F, make sure to turn RFAL_FEATURE_NFCB and RFAL_FEATURE_NFCF to false in platform.h to reduce the memory footprint and fit in 32kBytes flash and 12kBytes RAM.

Rgds

BT

Thank you for your return.

Best regards,

KU

Hi, 

I am currently researching the functions of the X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 NFC read/write module and I have a specific question regarding its features.

I am interested in understanding the functions related to block level encryption, changing block ciphers and performing read or write operations on an encrypted block. Can you please direct me to specific header files where I can find the functions related to these operations? I am using ISO-15693 as the standard.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

KU