cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ST25R3911B-DISCO

Lukas3
Associate

How can i use the ST25R3911B-DISCO without the GUI of ST?

Maybe with the help of the Framework, but how can I use the code or is there any documentation, because i can not found any.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

ST25R3911B-DISCO is a ready-to-use kit with a PC GUI interacting with the embedded FW. The embedded FW needs to receive commands from a host (e.g. a PC with the GUI). If you want to not use the ST GUI, you need to provide your own application to send commands to the embedded FW. See Dll3911_Demos.sln for example of code on top of the ST25R3911B communication DLL: this can be used as a starting point for your own application.

If you are looking for a development board with a standalone FW, I would rather recommend to use the X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1 board and the X-CUBE-NFC5 FW package.

Feel free to provide more information about your application (i.e. is it a standalone application running on an MCU or a PC application).

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

ST25R3911B-DISCO is a ready-to-use kit with a PC GUI interacting with the embedded FW. The embedded FW needs to receive commands from a host (e.g. a PC with the GUI). If you want to not use the ST GUI, you need to provide your own application to send commands to the embedded FW. See Dll3911_Demos.sln for example of code on top of the ST25R3911B communication DLL: this can be used as a starting point for your own application.

If you are looking for a development board with a standalone FW, I would rather recommend to use the X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1 board and the X-CUBE-NFC5 FW package.

Feel free to provide more information about your application (i.e. is it a standalone application running on an MCU or a PC application).

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for that information.

My project is a standalone application running on a MCU. I want to read/send data to a NFC-Tag and want to see the data on a screen/ on the PC via a terminal.

If this is working it should be part in a embedded System with other devices.

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

if I understand well, the PC is only used as a logging terminal to display data and not as a controlling host. In that case, I would use an X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1 connected to an MCU board such as a NUCLEO-L476RG and I would connect the PC to the STLink Virtual Com Port (VCP) of the NUCLEO-L476RG. The X-CUBE-NFC5 FW package provides an NFC polling application that sends logging information such as tag UID to a PC through the VCP.

Rgds

BT