cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viper265KD - How can I make a 5V design with this IC while it's VDD treshold max is 14V and supplied from output voltage.

Cocal.1
Associate II

I have a 85-265AC input and desired to have 5 volt output buck converter.

How can I make the viper265kd to perform 5V output?

When I check AN5380 the VDD is supplied by output voltage which is 15V and it's enough to supply VDD min requirements.

I need 5V output converter which is not enough to meet with VDDmin value, how can I supply VDD in a 5V output converter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The AN5380 is just an evaluation of a non-isolated AC/DC converter.

Of course, depending on your needs, you can choose between isolated and non-isolated buck regulator. For your design, you should use the free eDesign suite, which can also save your designs when you sign up.

An example schematic for a non-isolated buck for your input and 5V, 200mA could be:

0693W000005B8fiQAC.pngWhen your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The AN5380 is just an evaluation of a non-isolated AC/DC converter.

Of course, depending on your needs, you can choose between isolated and non-isolated buck regulator. For your design, you should use the free eDesign suite, which can also save your designs when you sign up.

An example schematic for a non-isolated buck for your input and 5V, 200mA could be:

0693W000005B8fiQAC.pngWhen your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.