cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSC1641 power monitor IC dc power register cannot be read

fog.1
Associate III

i bought a TSC1641 evaluation board, I can't read the power information from the DC power register. I can successfully read shunt voltage, current, load voltage data.

the configuration is as follows:

Rshunt register value = 0x01F4; the shunt resistance on my semim development

board is 5 mili ohms.(decimal=500).

configration register value = 0x0037; conversion time 1024 µs (default),

7h: shunt and load voltage, continuous mode (default).

I check the FLAG register data zeroth (CVNF) bit to see if the data is ready,

but regardless of this, I do a reading at any time.does this cause problems

with reading dc power information?

fog1_0-1719484237228.png

11 REPLIES 11
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

Print the value you're actually getting from the register - maybe the problem is in your calculation?

Correction:

AndrewNeil_0-1719484777128.png

What you're printing here is somehow arriving via a pointer - have you checked the point at which it's actually read from the chip?

Please use this button to properly post source code - rather than a screenshot:

AndrewNeil_2-1719484915476.png

https://community.st.com/t5/community-guidelines/how-to-write-your-question-to-maximize-your-chances-to-find-a/ta-p/575228

the decimal value I got from the recording is zero. therefore, the result of the multiplication used from the calculation of the actual power is also zero

fog.1
Associate III

I am printing the value I read from the recording on the screen. the value returns as zero.

Sorry - I corrected the post:

What you're printing here is somehow arriving via a pointer - have you checked the point at which it's actually read from the chip?

What do you mean by "recording" ?

By "register" I mean DC POWER REGISTER.

ret = HAL_I2C_Mem_Read(&hi2c1, (uint16_t)0x81 , (uint16_t)REG, (uint16_t)1, Read_reg_data, (uint16_t)2, 50);

I perform a read operation with a length of 2 bytes and the value read from the

corresponding record is transferred to the variable "read_reg_data". the content

of this variable is zero when the reading process is finished.

fog.1
Associate III

Ekran Görüntüsü (1255).png

OK - you didn't show that before.

ret = HAL_I2C_Mem_Read(&hi2c1, (uint16_t)0x81 , (uint16_t)REG, (uint16_t)1, Read_reg_data, (uint16_t)2, 50);

do you check the value of ret - to see that the read was actually successful?

@fog.1 wrote:

By "register" I mean DC POWER REGISTER

So "recording" was just a typo for "register" ?

AndrewNeil_0-1719490063419.png

I'm checking the "rejection" value. there is no mistake. the rejection value appears as "HAL_OK". in addition, everything is normal when I check the "SDA" line on the "I2c" interface with the logic analyzer.

 the same "I2C" reading function is used in these two operations. he from both "return= HAL_OK."

Ekran Görüntüsü (1256).png

Ekran Görüntüsü (1257).png

as I said, all other recording values can be read successfully, but only the "dc power recording" value returns as zero when the reading is done.

OK - out of ideas, then.