cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIP147 ISSUE

VICTOR1
Associate II

May i ask a question on the item TIP147

Can this item input current withstand the 30V ​?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

From Rev 7 to Rev 8 only tolerance values for dimensions e and S were added:0693W00000SuHOsQAN.pngThe supplier is always responsible for the delivered goods; the respective manufacturer will only take action after intervention by this supplier.

I am very sorry and I understand your concerns, but STMicroelectronics will only inspect goods that have been purchased from authorised sources and for which an appropriate quality control has been requested there.

If the problem is resolved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best under your preferred answer. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Unfortunately, the question is neither asked correctly nor with sufficient information. The bipolar pnp transistor TIP147 has a maximum collector base voltage of 100V, but it depends on your circuit and the specific conditions what answer you can be given.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
VICTOR1
Associate II

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your answer, actually we received the Quality complaint on this item from customer, they feedback it can't work normal when input 30V current, it drops to 23V, i share the component picture & video for your reference, what's the problems for it cause, customer is request the failure anylasis....0693W00000QOIEIQA5.jpg

VICTOR1
Associate II

i take the stock item with normal for your reference. both of them are same application..

just replace the components TIP147 with good and bad performance...what do you think ?

do you have any comments i can feedback to customer first? thanks.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Well, it seems to me that this has nothing to do with the TIP147, but with your circuit of the board or, for example, the dimensioning or the condition of the coil visible in the video. Anyway, the voltage of the power supply collapses because the set maximum current of 3.1A is reached.

Maybe one can make a statement if you post the circuit and the parameters of the components here.

Regards

/Peter

Piranha
Chief II

> 30V current

This and the video shows that you don't understand the basics of electronics like what a voltage and current is. Because of that you also do not understand how a lab power supply works.

Also you have named a MP4 file with a *.mp3 file extension.

Thanks Peter, i got some information from customer, below are the BOM & SCHEMATIC, is that any help on the case?0693W00000StvpSQAR.jpg0693W00000StvpNQAR.jpg

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

During the test, only the supply voltage is applied, which then collapses during a video. Since there is obviously no connection at point FS, it is only a question of the current gain of the respective transistor whether the current reaches the critical value of 3.1A here.

For further assessment, we need to know both the expected operation of this module and the parameters of the things connected to FS, FM/SS and SM.

Regards

/Peter

VICTOR1
Associate II

HI Peter,

something need your help....

customer make the X-Ray test on the component, lot 2028 and lot 144,

seems this is difference on the pad leg, please see below images,

...Was there an ECN for this change by ST?

0693W00000SuFZ5QAN.jpg0693W00000SuFbaQAF.jpg0693W00000SuFQDQA3.jpg0693W00000SuFPyQAN.jpgand customer have make the test TIP147 by attached doc. for the reference,

It’s critical that we test these for the voltage capacity, can ST advise the method to test. Or can we send the 50 pcs to ST?

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The transistor TIP147 withstands a voltage VCBO, VCEO of up to 100V under certain test conditions. The respective behaviour, however, depends primarily on the surrounding circuit, especially with inductive load, spikes or unsuitable circuitry can lead to the destruction of the transistor. STMicroelectronics guarantees the values specified in the data sheet, but the respective user is responsible for compliance with the operating parameters.

As far as the lead frame is concerned, I do not have a PCN that has changed anything in the last few years.

The component with the number 2028 looks very suspicious and you should have the supplier check whether it is original and not a counterfeit. A quality inspection of components must always be initiated by the respective supplier, who knows the official procedure for this.

Regards

/Peter