cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TD350E - interpreting date/batch codes and desaturation sensitivity

SStyl.1
Associate

I'm presently debugging an intermittent desaturation issue in a stable product platform (stable as in 10+ thousand units over more than a decade).

From what I can tell so far the TD350 device is signalling a desat on occasion without a reason I can observe (it is strangely episodic also)

I'm still working on it, but it appears that the date/batch code has changed between problematic and non-problematic setups....

Two questions

1)How do interpret the date code written on the device?

some items have KPB0909 and others MZMF909 written on them.

2) Where can I find some elaboration on the desaturation detection timing.

exactly how fast is the comparator in the TD350 that compares the incoming voltage against the internal reference at about 7V? I have reviewed both datasheet and application note?

thanks in advance.

Scott

2 REPLIES 2
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

​Hello,

the intervention time of Desat comparator is about one hundred of nanoseconds (since the DESAT pin reach the threshold to when the OUT voltage starts falling).

Concerning the data code, I cannot answer.

You have to submit a formal request to your supplier.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
SStyl.1
Associate

Hi Cristiana. we've resolved the problem now. Nothing to do with date codes (but looked that way initially)

product management may wish to elaborate on the datasheet and/or application note on the next revision cycle.