cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STWLC38 EPP support with QI2 chargers and/or future MPP support

olivier_nk
Associate

We have integrated the STWLC38 into our wireless power receiver design and are aiming to utilize the full 15W power capability. However, we have encountered an issue when using the latest QI2 (MPP) chargers. Our receiver remains in BPP (5W) mode, and we are unable to achieve EPP (15W) as desired.

Interestingly, when we use an older transmitter development kit (P9242-R, now obsolete), we are able to achieve EPP (15W) without any issues. We are keen to understand why this discrepancy exists with the newer QI2 chargers and how we can resolve it.

Additionally, we prefer to use QI2 chargers in our setup due to the presence of a metal ring that ensures proper alignment. Could you please provide guidance on how we can achieve EPP (15W) with QI2 chargers using the STWLC38?

Furthermore, do you have any plans to support the MPP protocol for the STWLC38 in the future? We have noticed that NXP now supports this protocol with their MWPR1516.

Thank you and best regards,

Olivier

8 REPLIES 8
willzhou
ST Employee

Hi olivier

QI2 (MPP) chargers 15W is MPP protocol and STWLC38 only support EPP 15W. We have other WLC device which support MPP 15W.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi willzhou,

I'm experiencing a similar problem. I am trying to understand what you said. Are you saying that STWLC38 will not receive 15w EPP with Qi v2.0 transmitters?

Thanks,

Robert

Hi

If QI 2.0 TX support MPP and EPP, WLC38 can work with EPP 15W.

If QI 2.0 TX only support MPP, WLC38 only work at BPP 5W.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
willzhou
ST Employee

we can provide RX MPP module from our vender, you can combination this stamp board to your product.

I am interested in the RX MPP module. Could you provide me some more information?

willzhou
ST Employee

add stamp example picture

willzhou_0-1723105124011.png

What is the model number of the RX MPP module? Can you share the datasheet?

I will reach you in the email.