cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STWBC86 Default Firmware

eedesignguy
Associate

Hello,

We are designing in this part on a new board and I am trying to find out if the factory vanilla part is shipped with working firmware or not? I have not been able to find any definitive information on this. I would generally expect a part like this to function in a default mode with default settings out of the box (and on the board). Then, if we want to tune the settings, we just connect with STSW-WPSTUDIO and calibrate that way. If this is not the case, we decide how we are going to pre-program the parts.

Thank you in advance,

eedesignguy

3 REPLIES 3
willzhou
ST Employee

Hi Chris

Default STWBC86 do not have fw, you can use 2 ways to update fw.

1.MCU drive code here 

SW I2C driver on Github

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STWirelessCharging-C-Drivers

2.STSW-WPSTUDIO command ways 

GitHub - STwirelesscharger/STSW-WPSTUDIO: ST wireless charge chip tool

@Echo off
REM use tool and command line to down fw to chip
set memh_patch="STSW-WBC86FWBPP\STEVAL-WBC86TX_nvmpatch_1242.memh"
set memh_cfg="STSW-WBC86FWBPP\STEVAL-WBC86TX_config_120D_BPP.memh"
"STSW-WPSTUDIO V2.2.5.exe" fw -d WBC86 -p %memh_patch% -c %memh_cfg%
pause

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for the information. I have two follow-up questions, please:

1. Does ST have a "stock" firmware load that they support for the device? And is their build evolving over time? If so, where is this stock released firmware located.

2. I presume the same situation is true for the STWLC38 receiver? That is, the parts are blank and we need to program them. Do you also have a "stock" firmware load for the STWLC38, and, if so, where is it located?

Thank you,
eedesignguy

Hi

For STWLC38 it have default fw inside, the firmware is 

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.