cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STPM3x INT1/2 outputs - how to configure

PaulL
Associate

hi,

I am now familiar with the STPM3x programming, by using EVALSTPM33/34 boards.

I have been able to do some basic low voltage testing where I receive interrupts on INT1 line on EVALSTPM33/4 for voltage swell before I try mains voltages.

Then I run the same code (same SPI frequency 12Mhz, same MCU driving it) on our proprietary HW at mains voltage, that uses STPM33 in the recommended configuration, the INT1 line is not changing when a swell event occur (here I tested current swell). Here the swell logic is generating interrupts into the IRQ register, but the external pin INT1 is not changing. CRC's etc of registers seem correct, and I am taking care not to write to reserved bits, using read/mod write. I have read the Metrology code in en.stsw-stpm002.zip

In order to rule misconfiguration of the STPM3x on our proprietary board, my question is, how is the multifunction muxing of INT1 achieved?

There is no obvious setting I can see in the STPM3x spec. I couldn't see that LCS1/2 control this.

please can you advise if there is anything else I could check in programming the STPM3x,

thank you.

Paul 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaulL
Associate

We found that the issue was with our PCB, once corrected, INT1 line is working without further Firmware changes.

Also ST confirmed separately that the multifunction mux is by setting IRQ bits.

I read from this, that if you wish to use the Voltage bitstream output, you need to set all corresponding IRQ bits to 0.

I don't intend to use the bitstream outputs at present.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PaulL
Associate

We found that the issue was with our PCB, once corrected, INT1 line is working without further Firmware changes.

Also ST confirmed separately that the multifunction mux is by setting IRQ bits.

I read from this, that if you wish to use the Voltage bitstream output, you need to set all corresponding IRQ bits to 0.

I don't intend to use the bitstream outputs at present.