cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-HKI001V2- How to connect 36V to 330V DC power supply on 3 phase AC supply

ESK
Associate II

Please provide and diagram or application note on the same.

8 REPLIES 8
Gigi
ST Employee

Ciao

I never tested it but, I think, that if you want to supply a DC voltage to the board is possible to use the same connectors where you mount the external DC Capacitors respecting the polarity.

See UM2645 for some details on the board.

Ciao

Gigi

0693W00000WJ02OQAT.png

ESK
Associate II

Hi Ciao,

Thanks for the information.

I have few more questions on it.

1. This eval kit have Heat sink for power board?- In the images and datasheets it is not showing.
  2. Can we order extra current transformers for Phase C and DC current? If yes how to order?
  3. Can we use this board for 6 step block commutation?

Could you please provide India support and sales person email id or contact details for further discussions

Gigi
ST Employee

Ciao, here my answers

1 Heat sink is not provided.

2 In the board are present three current sensors for the motor phases. You can find the part number in the Schematics or BOM and order one extra sample for the DC current from the product manufacturer. And sent to a generic analog input developing also the FW code to manage it.

3 The board is compatible with six step but for what I know there is no a FW example ready, so it is up to you to develop the code.

I'm sending in a private message the email of the our sales India contact.

Ciao

Gigi

ESK
Associate II

Hi Ciao,

1. With out heat sink the board can provide 5kw at ambient of 40 degC?
  2. What is output frequency of Inverter: Example my motor frequency is 5000Hz, So inverter output frequency can sustain it? What is maximum output frequency of the inverter?
  3. If want to use heat sink, How to assemble to Eval board? Is there any option to connect heat sink?
  4. After purchase, Can we get technical support from India?

Could u please provide, India technical support email id.

Gigi
ST Employee

Ciao, here below my answers

1. I think that is not possible to reach 5kW of power without heatsink, but I never tried it.
  2. I assume that 5kHz is the PWM frequency. The maximum output PWM frequency depends on the efficiency that you want to get. There is not an immediate limitation in the FW output to be programmed and in the power switches. Increasing the frequency will increase the switching losses. I suppose that up to 10-15kHz of PWM output the efficiency should be acceptable.
  3. I think that you can assemble it using some screws.
  4. I already sent you the email of the local contact.

Ciao

Gigi

ESK
Associate II

Hi ciao,

Thanks for the reply.

1. Could you please tell me voltages of Table 4/ 34 pin connector special - PWM's, ADC_U/V/W & H1/2/3, Bus voltage monitoring, Heat sink temperature and fault. We want connect this one to our interface board.

Gigi
ST Employee

Ciao

All of these pins are normally in the range of 0 - 3.3V since our microntroller works with this voltage range.

The only exception is the pin 25 that usually is +5V for circuitry that is not connected with the micro.

Ciao

Gigi

ESK
Associate II

Hello Ciao,

Thanks for your support, Now we have purchased. 4 Eval boards of STEVAL-TTM001V1.

We are starting testing of those, We need your immediate help on following things.

1. What is the detail procedure to increase the overvoltage limit from 36V to 48V or 60V?

2. How to enable the overcurrent protection as by default its disabled.

3.What is the load consumption of 5V,1A and 3V3,1A power supply supply by STeval components?

4.Can we use 5V and 3V3 as power supplies to external sensor circuitry: which contains sensor and signal conditioning components?

5.If inverter board is used at 48V nominal voltage do we require to mount these R83, R98, R119, R132, R145, R158 registers?

6.Where can to find 4 steps of gate driver SPI?

7.How to enable Inrush current limiter?

8.What is the resolution of the current sensor used in eval board?

Could you please provide asnswer ASAP and also ur offical email id for better communication,

Thanks.