cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STDRIVE101 or EVAL-L9907

JD.1720
Associate II

My objective is to develop a sensored BLDC control.

Right now I am collecting information and I find myself in the following situation.

The motor has the following characteristics: V = 48 / 52VDC i I = 15 / 20A.

I have seen the following STDRIVE101i evaluation boards the EVAL-L9907.

With either of the two could I do the control?

Are there other alternatives?

What would you recommend me?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hi @JD.1720​,

the first point is that the L9907 is an Automotive device (AEC-Q100 qualified), do you need this qualification grade?

Both device can manage a sensored BLDC control, they have different features that you can find in the respective datasheet: STDRIVE101 and L9907.

The choice depends on your application requirements.

Only one note about the operative voltage range - up to 75 V for STDRIVE101 and up to 54 V for L9907 - in the second case according to your power supply you might be closed to the max operative value.

Keep in mind that the EVALSTDRIVE101 is now supported by last release of STM32 Motor Control SDK (X-CUBE-MCSDK-Y) if you want to perform a Field Oriented Control (FOC) in a single or three-shunt current sensing topology.

Let me know if this info is useful to you, if yes please "Select as Best" button to close the topic.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hi @JD.1720​,

the first point is that the L9907 is an Automotive device (AEC-Q100 qualified), do you need this qualification grade?

Both device can manage a sensored BLDC control, they have different features that you can find in the respective datasheet: STDRIVE101 and L9907.

The choice depends on your application requirements.

Only one note about the operative voltage range - up to 75 V for STDRIVE101 and up to 54 V for L9907 - in the second case according to your power supply you might be closed to the max operative value.

Keep in mind that the EVALSTDRIVE101 is now supported by last release of STM32 Motor Control SDK (X-CUBE-MCSDK-Y) if you want to perform a Field Oriented Control (FOC) in a single or three-shunt current sensing topology.

Let me know if this info is useful to you, if yes please "Select as Best" button to close the topic.