cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently I have bought STEVAL-SPIN3202 board, I have a specific bldc motor which i want to drive. In 6step algorithm , I want to edit the sequence of commutation according to the hall sensor inputs

SJosh.6
Associate II

Please let me know if the board automatically detects the sequence for excitation or do we need to edit in the firmware, if we need to edit it in the firmware in which section I need to edit the sequence in 6step library.

12 REPLIES 12

Hello @SJosh.6​,

are you driving the motor in voltage mode (FW default) or current mode?

In the first case, I suggest to change the Jumper3 setting in 2-3 position to avoid overcurrent comparator triggering at startup.

Let me know if this change allows to motor to run.

Hey @Cristiana SCARAMEL​ , I am trying to drive the motor in voltage mode. Yes i have changed the JP3 setting as per your way, but its still the same. Since I am driving it in a voltage mode, can you please let me know that what all functions or macro i need to enable or disable in the C/C++ setting in Keil. At present I removed "NO_" from HALL_SENSORS and FIXED_HALL_DELAY, is there anything other than this I need to enable or disable. And in the motor parameters, I changed the Number of pole pairs, max RPM, direction , please let me know if i need to still change anything in motor parameters.

Thank You.

Hi @SJosh.6​,

in the preprocessor settings try to add "NO_" at SPEED_RAMP and POTENTIOMETER.

In addition, in the motor settings: TARGET_SPEED_OPEN_LOOP=TARGET_SPEED and consistent with the motor ratings.

When you say you changed the direction, you mean the reference <0 in the code, not the direction command, right?

If these changes not help to make progress, you should debug the code and report for which errors it goes to stop.