cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Change phase difference between two pwm signals during runtime/realtime.

decook1110
Associate II

I'm also waiting to see a response to this request.  I've been scouring the ST website and have active support requests in to get firmware for the STEVAL-ISA172V2 boards that ST used to offer.  I understand that in the future it looks like they will release the V3 version of that, but by then many of us on the steep part of the learning curve may have wondered off and started using some other manufacturers tool chain just because they provide functioning sample code.

Sara, can you point us to a firmware example for a functioning PSFB or explain to your colleages that by not putting up the older V2 code promptly they are sending future customers to your competitors.

I'm happy to put the time into exploring other references to PSFB code and literature explaing how to get one of these up and running, but I've been frustrated by how much time it feels like I've squandered just getting past the starting line with ST on this.

Regards

Dave

1 REPLY 1
suyog800
Associate II

Hello @decook1110 ,
I did found solution for this. Check out application note AN4013, page 17. You'll need to utilize the Timer in asymmetric PWM mode. Here's a heads-up: the STM32 F4 series doesn't support this feature. You'll have to opt for a microcontroller from the STM32F3 or STM32H7 series. I've personally tested this on the STM32H723ZG microcontroller, and it worked like a charm.
If you have any doubts or questions, feel free to reach out to me. I'm here to help!
Perhaps we could also consider collaborating on a PSFB converter project.