cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential datasheet error - STEVAL-GMBL / STEVAL-UKI001V1 / UM2460 / DB3710

PR.9
Associate

Hi guys, i just spent a few hours fiddling with the STEVAL-GMBL and adapter board, and i think i found an error in the datasheet. Not sure if should post here or just open a ticket.

Page 5 of the file DB3710, as well as pages 6,7,26 of file DB3710 show the "STEVAL-UKI001V1 adapter board schematic diagram", the relevant part is the "10 to 20 pin Serial Wire Debug (SWD) adapter". The diagram doesn't show the notch of the header, just "J1" as information. Either the J1 is misplaced here, or on the "STEVAL-UKI001V1" board, as they are in opposite corners of the connector. In the datasheet, J1 is in the top left next to pin 1, VDD_TARGET, on the board it is printed on the bottom right, pin 20, GND.

Since there is no notch to properly differentiate the rotation, readers will definitively use wrong pins.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gigi
ST Employee

Hello

Normally the name of the symbol (in this case the J1) is not used to indicate information about the component orientation. So we can't consider the placement of the J1 serigraphy a mismatch error.

And normally the notch of the header is always in the side of the pin 1 of the connector.

So, please consider the attached image as reference.

Ciao

Gigi

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Gigi
ST Employee

Hello

Normally the name of the symbol (in this case the J1) is not used to indicate information about the component orientation. So we can't consider the placement of the J1 serigraphy a mismatch error.

And normally the notch of the header is always in the side of the pin 1 of the connector.

So, please consider the attached image as reference.

Ciao

Gigi