cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lifecycle Data of ST L6219DS

SScho.3
Associate

I'm doing some research on stepper drivers an the L6219DS fits the exact needs. In order to do a proper evaluation i need to overview the lifecycle data. Can anyone provide this information for me. Would be a shame if this driver becomes obsolete very soon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hi @SScho.3​ and welcome to the ST Community.

Thank you for your question. The members of this community are technical experts and will not be able to help you with this kind of question.

You can submit online your request HERE (selecting "New case").

However, the L6219 is really a old-time product.

If you want to share your application requirements, I can try to suggest you a newer device from ST portfolio.

Some examples:

Let me know if I can help you in this choice.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hi @SScho.3​ and welcome to the ST Community.

Thank you for your question. The members of this community are technical experts and will not be able to help you with this kind of question.

You can submit online your request HERE (selecting "New case").

However, the L6219 is really a old-time product.

If you want to share your application requirements, I can try to suggest you a newer device from ST portfolio.

Some examples:

Let me know if I can help you in this choice.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
SScho.3
Associate

Hi Christiana,

thank you for your quick response.

I just submitted my request on Life Cycle Data, as you told me.

The application is a small linear bipolar stepper motor in a valve with very low power needs. (150-200mA/24V).

It will only be used in full step mode or whatever the smallest divider is.

More important would be a short protection and that it stays cool during normal operation and doesnt exceed 370°C in case of any failures.

Do you have any suggestions on drivers that fulfill these needs?

Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hi @SScho.3​,

for your application I can suggest the STSPIN820 stepper motor driver (small QFN 4 x 4 mm package).

The device offers a complete set of protection features including overcurrent, overtemperature and short-circuit protection.

0693W00000BdQgAQAV.png 

The device integrates a microstepping sequencer (you can chose the full-step operation setting MODEx = "0").

At each STCK rising edge, the sequencer of the device is increased (DIR input high) or decreased (DIR input low).

The device implements two independent PWM current controllers (with fixed OFF time), one for each full-bridge (the DECAY input determinates the behavior of the PWM current control during the OFF time).

Finally, the device can be forced into a low consumption state.