cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with STSW-L9961BMS - NO Device Found

jslee
Associate II

Hello,

I am conducting tests using the STEVAL-L99615C evaluation board. Despite following the L9961BMS Quick Start Guide and User Manual, I am encountering an issue with Demo 1. As shown in the attached picture, the message "No device found" continues to appear. Even when applying 20V to the B+ and B- terminals, the same issue persists.

I have ensured that the hardware jumper pin settings match those specified in the Quick Start Guide. However, I am concerned that the difference in versions might be causing the problem. The version of Demo 1 in the Quick Start Guide is 1.1.0 (July 21, 2023), while the version I am testing is 1.3.0 (December 1, 2023). Could the change in version be causing this issue?

Thank you for your assistance.

4 REPLIES 4
jslee
Associate II

jslee_0-1716864367865.png

GS98
ST Employee

Hello,

I don't think the change in version can cause this issue.

Considering the type of message that appears, the problem could be related to the fact that the L9961 is not powered correctly, or the kit has experienced some electrical shock that has made the device unusable.

Best Regards

To better understand where the problem lies, I suggest you check the behavior of the board with the GUI, after loading the GUI bin file on the micro.

Best Regards

jslee
Associate II

Thank you for your response.

The issue was resolved after replacing the power cable connector with a new one.

Additionally, I would like to inquire whether the battery holder needs to be designed manually, as it seems not to be available for purchase.